[SM-USERS] dumb q: on W10, left column often fails to draw?
v***@sbt.net.au
2016-11-07 22:09:02 UTC
long time user of squirrelmail, great application

since started using w10/chrome on two PCs I use, most of the time, the
left column/window, where the folders show, most of the time, won't
display properly, just blank area

refreshing helps only sometimes

any thoughts what's going on/causing this ? just curious

oops, forgot to mention:
System information

You are using SquirrelMail version: 1.5.2 [SVN]
The administrator installed the following plugins:
none installed

Paul Lesniewski
2016-11-11 09:03:35 UTC
Post by v***@sbt.net.au
long time user of squirrelmail, great application
since started using w10/chrome on two PCs I use, most of the time, the
left column/window, where the folders show, most of the time, won't
display properly, just blank area
refreshing helps only sometimes
any thoughts what's going on/causing this ? just curious
View the source of that pane, see if the META refresh is there, which it
should be. Time it and watch for any page errors when it tries to
reload. It may or may not be related to page reload. If it's something
else, your guess is as good (better, since the ability to diagnose is in
your hands) as mine. Watch all browser logs, try to see if the browser
will tell you anything it doesn't like about the HTML, etc.
--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team

2016-11-11 21:32:57 UTC
Post by Paul Lesniewski
Post by v***@sbt.net.au
long time user of squirrelmail, great application
since started using w10/chrome on two PCs I use, most of the time, the
left column/window, where the folders show, most of the time, won't
display properly, just blank area
refreshing helps only sometimes
any thoughts what's going on/causing this ? just curious
View the source of that pane, see if the META refresh is there, which it
should be. Time it and watch for any page errors when it tries to reload.
It may or may not be related to page reload. If it's something
else, your guess is as good (better, since the ability to diagnose is in
your hands) as mine. Watch all browser logs, try to see if the browser
will tell you anything it doesn't like about the HTML, etc.
Paul,

thanks, yes, have:
meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="600;URL=left_main.php" /

I'll try to make better observations, I'm just perplexed, as I have used
Squirrel like for ever, and, never observed this till started using W10;
so just thought maybe it's some known 'issue', anyhow, thanks again

Voytek